Thursday, June 22, 2006

Oh, Shit

Why is it that I tend 2 get so much more accomplished when I'm busy? I've had nothing but time to prepare for my show tomorrow and have I? Nope.

It's not that I didn't try, mind U. It's just that all I'm going to be doing is singing really and I can sing these songs in my sleep. After all, I wrote and produced them, who knows them better than me? So, why am I so nervous?

I think it's because I haven't performed my music since October of last year ... that's truly a long fucking time. Last year I had the pleasure of performing with a band, if only briefly. I also on one occasion had back up dancers and and a head set mic and did my whole Britney/Janet thing ... only I actually DID sing and dance at the same time.

It's different when you're on stage by yourself. All I have is my little CD, a microphone and I have to somehow entertain a group of perfect strangers, most of whom could care less about me and my music, for about 45 minutes. I can't be spontaneous performing to a track like I can with a band, and I don't have the strict routine nailed down that I did when I had to dance and sing ... it was all choreographed to the "T".

Not tomorrow night though. To make matters worse, this is a band venue. I've never done the perform to track thing at a band venue before, it's always been at more intimate settings.

Shit. And I haven't even run through the songs yet. I kept turning on the songs today but just didn't feel like singing. What's up with a singer who doesn't feel like singing? Well, I've also been a songwriter who hasn't felt like writing much lately, too.

Something's going on. My moons need 2 re-align. Hopefully they come back into orbit b4 tomorrow night.

Shit! What the hell am I going to wear?

"I'm not afraid of what I'll face, but I'm afraid 2 stay." - Madonna, Jump

Check out Saturn on I-Tunes!

Get Saturn's CDs at CDBaby!

Check out Saturn on MySpace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home